Wednesday, July 16, 2014

#postofshame

Well. It’s mid-July. And my last post was…let me check back to when we all got around by horse drawn carriages and used things called flip phones… May 12.


Two months of silence. Pretty unintentional, I swear. I didn’t decide to stop writing, but the craziness of the end of the school year, combined with starting a summer nanny job, and the general lack of schedule in the summer clearly caught me.


Basically, I’m the world’s worst blogger, and for that I apologize profusely. Example: this week one of my friends mentioned that she had been reading my blog and asked why I stopped it. It took me a minute to figure out what blog she was talking about (while my little blog is way back in my brain screaming, “ME! ME! ME!”) and then to realize it had been months since I’d written.


So here I am, writing again. This lovely quiz has been going around the blogosphere, so I thought I’d fill it out to reintroduce myself by my new nickname, World’s Worst Blogger (you can call me WWB for short). Pretty sure I haven’t filled one of these out since MySpace was a thing…


1: What are you wearing? Workout pants and a bra.

2: Ever been in love? Yes I have.

3: Ever had a terrible breakup? Eh…felt terrible at the time I guess.

4: How tall are you? 5'6''

5: How much do you weigh? I just ate a bacon cheeseburger, an oreo malt, and half an order of French fries for dinner so I’d say…between 1 and 2 tons.

6: Any tattoos? Not yet, but soon I hope!

7: Any piercings? Got ma’ ears pierced at Claire’s a few years ago, because I am a classy adult.

8: OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? This is very hard for a TV junkie such as myself. Either Ross and Rachel or Joey and Pacey. (Am I the only person who had never heard this abbreviation before?!)

9: Favorite show? Friends.

10: Favorite bands? Another toughie. Right now I’m really into Sam Smith, I just bought his new album.

11: Something you miss? My BFF. Only one month until she moves home!

12: Favorite song? So hard. I’m super diggin’ Play It Again by Luke Bryan right now, perfect song for summer driving.

13: How old are you? 24.

14: Zodiac sign? Sagittarius. Is it bad that I don’t know how to spell my own sign? Thanks spell check!!

15: Qualities you look for in a partner? Independent, easy-going (because I am NOT), loyal friend, and able to banter/tease with me.

16: Favorite Quote? "Isn’t it nice to know that tomorrow is always a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” –Anne of Green Gables

17: Favorite actor? Lots of favorites…Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Amy Poehler

18: Favorite color? Purple.

19: Loud music or soft? Have we met? Loud! 

20: Where do you go when you’re sad? For a run. Or to my parents house.

21: How long does it take you to shower? Only a couple minutes, I’m pretty efficient.

22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? My alarm goes off one hour before I need to leave my apartment.

23: Ever been in a physical fight? Why yes I have. 

24: Turn on? Openly affectionate, interesting stories to tell, and a sharp sense of humor.

25: Turn off? Selfishness, plan ruining

26: The reason I started blogging? I love to write and someone told me that I’m funny and I’m such a people pleaser that I figured I better give the people what they wanted. (You caught my sarcasm there, right?)

27: Fears? Throwing up.

28: Last thing that made you cry? When I was asked to be Millie’s godmother.

29: Last time you said you loved someone? Kissing my little’s goodbye on Friday?? Maybe?

30: Meaning behind the name of your blog? I wish I were Jackie Kennedy and it is a parody of the old TV show I Dream of Jeannie. It seemed clever at the time.

31: Last book you read? A Million Miles ina Thousand Years by Donald Miller. (Loved it!)

32: The book you’re currently reading? LoveDoes by Bob Goff. (LOVING IT SO MUCH!!!)

33: Last show you watched? Orange is the New Black. God bless Netflix.

34: Last person you talked to? My mother.

35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted? Best fraaaaand.

36: Favorite food? Ice cream.

37: Place you want to visit? So so so many on the list right now, but Adelaide, Australia just jumped to number one since by dear friend from there is in town right now.

38: Last place you were? My parental units house.

39: Do you have a crush? I wish. I miss having crushes.

40: Last time you kissed someone? It's been a hot minute.

41: Last time you were insulted? I work with children, so several times an hour, everyday. Today I was told by my 3 year old that I wipe her butt wrong.

42: Favorite flavor of sweet? Oh dear god chocolate.

43: What instruments do you play? Again, I wish.

44: Favorite piece of jewelry? Currently a locket that I bought at a street market in London, because I had the time set to England time so I would know what time it was where my sister was.

45: Last sport you played? Futbol.

46: Last song you sang? “What Does the Fox Say”

47: Favorite chat up line? “How you doin’…” –Joey Tribbiani

48: Have you ever used it? Negative.

49: Last time you hung out with anyone? Family dinner.

50: Who should answer these questions next? All y’all, since I love creeping on your answers!