Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stuff that happened

Sooooo…hi there, little blog of mine! It’s been an embarrassingly long time…again!

I’m officially the worst blogger ever, but I’m finally able to get back on the blogging train! I have been absent for (mostly) good reasons, and because I’m getting a lot of traffic right now thanks to a shout out from the ever-badass Jennifer I figured there is no time like the present.


To recap my month:


-I taught a night class. Every night. For three hours. To high schoolers. With bad attitudes. After teaching since 7:30 am. It was an awesome experience as a teacher, since my students during the day are four and five years old, but it was super duper draining. Like in bed by 8:30 draining. I’m glad it’s done and will be even gladder when I get my big fat paycheck after the grading is over.


-My mama had major surgery. She is fine, but of course, that happened in the middle of my first week of night class and threw me for a loop. I was grateful to spend some time with her in the few waking hours between my two jobs and my bedtime, but all in all, hospitals suck. As someone who has been beyond blessed in the parental health department (SO.GRATEFUL), I don’t really know how to cope with that kind of stress. So I did the only thing I know how to do: eat my feelings, call my aunt in tears, and turn into a raging witch monster of stress and anxiety.


-I went to Washington DC. I’ll be doing a recap post of my trip soon, but it was a fantastic trip and I did so many awesome things and saw my fam and BFF and took a selfie with my senator. What more could a girl ask for?

Cue the Oprah Ugly Cry

What, you don't ask your senators to take selfies with you??




-I got myself all registered for grad school starting this fall! I’m super excited to be starting school to work towards a Masters of Arts in Leadership. It’s a phenomenal program, my advisor is the bomb, and I’m pumped to be a student again!

Because buying shirts makes it official, right?


-I’m almost done with the 90 Challenge. It’s been going…okay. I’ll also do a fitness recap soon.


-Dana and I are into the hardcore part of our half marathon training and I forgot how much work/fun it is to get to the point where you feel like a badass pretty much every day. It’s been a totally different ballgame to train with a partner, I don’t know HOW I trained for all my half marathons and my full alone. Seriously loving how Dana and I have supercharged our friendship through our commitment to running this thing together.


-I’m on Day 2 of the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse. Again, another post about that coming soon. Right now, I’m going to stare longingly into the fridge while I wipe the drool off my chin over my Easter candy and my roommates leftover pizza. I’ve done the cleanse once before but that was before I tracked anything so I have no idea if I lost weight or fat on the cleanse the first time. But this time, with the 90 Day Challenge, I figured I’d get a better idea of whether or not it works for me. So far, I’ve tried to keep the hangry bitchin’ to a minimum.


-It’s FINALLY nice out up here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota, so I’m going to head out to get some very much needed Vitamin D. If I can’t have Cadbury eggs, then dammit, I shall have sunshine!