Thursday, March 20, 2014

I am alive

Wow. It's been a few weeks. Checked out my blog and didn't see any cobwebs or dust bunnies hiding in the corners, but it's been a hot minute since I had a chance to do any blogging. I have a good reason, I swear.

I started a second teaching job, teaching a high school night class through a really cool job training program in Minneapolis. I absolutely love it. Like for real, if I didn't hate a good chunk of high schoolers, I would totally go back and get my teaching license for secondary ed. They are so different from the High5 (four year olds) students that I have during the day and I get to talk about stuff I am passionate about: job skills, resumes, interview skills, professional dress and communication etc.

But this means that I leave my house at 5:30 to workout until 6:45, shower and get ready at the gym and am at school by 7:30am. I teach until 7:30pm. Then I get home at 8 and have been going to bed in the early 9:00 hour so that I get enough sleep. That doesn't leave me with much time for blogging, but I have a week off from night class next week and here's what I have coming up:

-Fitness update

-My spring break trip to DC (March 31-April 6)

-Starting a series with some job skills based on the stuff I'm teaching

-Finally recapping the second half of my Europe trip



If Jackie can do it all, then I can too!

Again, I am not dead, and I will be back soon :)

Happy freakin' SPRING!!!!